Page 1 of 45 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Business Is War - cyberpunk RP [M](S)

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Default Business Is War - cyberpunk RP [M](S)

Rated M for distressing situations, violence, gore and drug references.

BUSINESS IS WAR

Klaxons wailed. Amber lights swept angry circles across the ceiling. Guards were sprinting from all over the building to respond to the alert, but by the time they got there it would be far too late for rogue scientist Lisa Asari.

Through her fear, a small voice at the back of Lisa’s mind said, almost mockingly,
    So much for a safe house. There were two men with her; Sonbushi bodyguards who had not left her side since her arrival, but they gripped their submachine guns with whitening fingers - like her, they knew what was coming.

There was a trio of short, sharp gunshots, followed by a guard being flung bodily round the elbow of the corridor ahead. He rebounded off the opposite wall, leaving a red streak against the mirrored steel before flopping raggedly to the floor, his assault rifle clattering across the tiles beside him. Stepping over the body, one after the other, came the Agents.

There were four of them; three men and a woman, all dressed in long, hooded overcoats. Their coats rippled as they walked, every line and fold accentuated by the reflective walls to either side. Their hoods were thrown back, revealing stern faces without a hint of fear or empathy.

Lisa’s two guards fired, uselessly. The short snarls of their machine guns were deafening in the confined space. The lead Agent was hit, but he barely even staggered. There were no bright puffs of blood from exit wounds; in fact, there was barely any blood at all. Beneath the Agent’s open overcoat, through the small red holes in his shirt, Lisa could see the tell-tale glint of silver metal.

In response to the ineffectual fusillade, two of the other Agents raised heavy black pistols. Lisa’s bodyguards snapped backwards without a sound, the backs of their skulls coming apart as the bullets punched neat holes in their foreheads. The four Agents strode forward without pause, their blank eyes now fixed on Lisa. Lisa stumbled backwards into the dead-end store room, her hands clawing at the pockets of her EuroCorp lab coat. If she had been anyone else she would be dead already, but she knew that these Agents would be under orders from her former employers to capture, not to kill.

Fuck that! she thought savagely as her hand closed around the object she had been looking for. She pulled out the small chrome disc, holding it towards the advancing Agents like some sort of futile weapon as she stabbed at the button on its side.

The effect was immediate. All four Agents stumbled, falling sideways against the walls. Their weapons clattered to the floor as hands flew instead to the backs of their necks, gripping them in sudden pain. Lisa saw the lead Agent blinking furiously, disorientated, as if he had been suddenly awakened from a dream. Another stood frozen on the spot, his eyes fixed on the mirrored wall. He was still staring numbly at his own reflection when the belated reinforcements arrived. Lisa ducked for cover as a hail of bullets tore into the Agents, battering them backwards with the impacts until all four finally sank down in smoking, unrecognisable heaps.

Several miles away, in a dimly-lit control room where the EuroCorp logo glittered from every surface, executive Roberto De Luca swore as the command link to all four of his cyborg Agents was suddenly cut off and refused to re-engage. This was followed mere seconds later by the abrupt flattening of the Agents’ bio-signs.

De Luca shouted at the two compu-techs seated in front of him, who protested back wildly. The only calm figure in the room was De Luca’s bodyguard, another black-clad Agent with a combat shotgun cradled in his hands and several more weapons concealed inside his long overcoat. Eventually De Luca realised that swearing would do nothing to change the situation, and that he was only delaying the inevitable. He swallowed hard, and tapped a key on his terminal. A light flickered green as the connection was established.

“Marco Xenakis.” came the familiar commanding baritone.

“Sir, it’s Roberto De Luca over in Warsaw ops. We’ve got a problem.”

There was a pause. “What kind of problem?”

“My control signal cut out. Agents Rautio, Jones, Farren and Zerjowi are all down. Negative on target acquisition.”

Another pause. “I see.”

Behind De Luca, his Agent twitched as a new command link overrode the one currently running through his CHIP. De Luca was too busy trying to explain himself to notice.

“We’ll find her!” he said, “We’ll send another team and get her back!”

“Yes.” agreed the voice, “We will.”

Executive Roberto De Luca barely had time to register the cold muzzle of his bodyguard’s shotgun pressing itself against the back of his head before it blew his brains out against the far wall.

At the head of a long oval table in a boardroom surrounded on all sides by bomb-proof glass windows, chief executive Marco Xenakis slumped back in his chair and cut the power to his holographic terminal in disgust. A few seconds later he leaned forward again, and when he addressed the twin rows of executives seated in front of him his voice was apparently free of stress.

“Okay.” he said, looking at his subordinates through steepled fingers, “I trust you’re all aware just how big of a problem this is for us all. So let’s correct it. Engel?”

“Sir?” said a smartly-dressed woman seated third from Xenakis’ left.

“First thing’s first. We’re going to need some replacement Agents.”

Hi everybody, and welcome to this collaborative effort between myself and X. With the reimagined version of the classic cyberpunk strategy game Syndicate coming out soon, we felt like setting a RP in the dark near-future of the original game. The year is 2080, and business is war.

Spoiler: THE SETTING 

Spoiler: PLAYER CHARACTERS 

Spoiler: SAMPLE CHARACTER SHEET 

I believe my co-GM will be along shortly with your a la carte menu of weapons and cybernetics, as well as our first character…
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 08-01-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this based on Syndicate? IF IT IS THEN IM TOTALLY FUCKING IN
    Ask me questions, I'm a doctor

Nightcall Developing the future, one night at a time.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Yes. Yes it is.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The muffin this city deserves
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror and Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks pretty cool, why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

Of many, one.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would be delighted to bring along the arsenal.

Spoiler: Weapons and Modifications 

And now, your veteran agent.

Spoiler: Agent Kerberos 

I am so happy that this is finally up and we have interest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Original Name: Harold O'Malley

Nationality: Scottish

Appearance:

Spoiler: Photo from his last military deployment 

Personality: Good natured almost to the point of immaturity most of the time. Enjoys his work and goes about it with the same attitude that a boarder Collie when herding sheep.

History: Born in Glasgow but his family moved to Manchester when he was 12. Attended school and had an early reputation for fighting and anger. He was never malicious though just... enthusiastic. If one of his friends was being bullied he would stick up for them. If that meant denting a locker door with someone's skull then so be it. This violent streak persisted all the way up into his young adult life when a friend recommended that he enlist in the army before he ended up in prison. He did so and found himself in good company. His upbeat yet violent nature made him an ideal fit as an infantryman and then as an MP. He served in the Second Falklands War and later was assigned to Peacekeeping in Algeria. His third deployment was to the New Rhodesia conflict in 2075. He was honorably discharged after being shot in the face. In 2076 he had recovered from his wounds and took a job as a security coordinator for Eurocorp.

New Name: White

Assigned Weapons:

Spoiler: Pistol 

Spoiler: Knife 

Spoiler: Rifle 

Assigned Upgrades:

Chest Cage: Lancaster V-21 model, British Army Issue

Internal Defibrillator: Volksmesser & Sturm Cardiomacht III

O'Malley's left arm is mechanical up to his shoulder. He lost the limb in the Second Falklands War to an Argentine Partisan Sniper.
    Ask me questions, I'm a doctor

Nightcall Developing the future, one night at a time.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Always nice to see a cheerfully violent Weegie. "Square go ye fuckin' bawbag an' a'll geeye malky!" And with a Blade Runner pistol, no less.

Weapons seem okay, since Eurocorp probably makes most of the British Army's gear nowadays.

Accepted from me. *Defers to X for second vote*
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 01-14-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Of many, one.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome Agent White.

And the Feline, atrocious as it was in the game, is a nice touch.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Kind of fitting when the standard joke about the British Army is that it is one of the best trained in the world and one of the worst equipped...

The Last Remembrancer
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Original Name: Jason Miles

Nationality: Canadian

Appearance: I'll do this later. Deviant Art just seriously damaged my brain meats. deus ex fan art. . .

Personality: Jason has retained the 'ladies man' personality that made him such a let-down to his father, and ironically such a pain in the ass for his new handlers. However he is eager to impress, if a little easily distracted, making him a dependable agent for missions requiring a fair amount of collateral damage.

History: Jason was never a particularly important person, he was just the centre of his own private universe. A five star athlete throughout college, his grades where propped up by generous donations to his university by eurocorp, on behalf of his father, renowned cyber-doctor Michael Miles. Michaels employers knew that keeping his skirt chasing, under performing, athlete son in school would help keep him focused. Unfortunately Jason got in serious trouble that could not be easily swept under the rug when someone wound up dead at one his parties and the forensic evidence pointed to him. In return for protecting Jason from the authorities, Dr Miles would sign an exclusivity contract with Eurocorp, just as he was threatening to switch employer. Jason protested his innocence, and his father secretly believed him, but had no choice. Jason was disappeared and kept safe. Dr Miles stayed at Eurocorp for another 10 years, before being killed by sabotage to his lab. At this point, Jason was thawed out from the expensive cryogenic freezer he was being kept in, and turned into an agent as an effort to recoup losses from the whole endeavour by Eurocorp Accounting division Six.

What Eurocorp doesn't know, and certainly Jason has no clue, is that his father is not dead. After negotiating with Sonbushi, he faked his own death and fled. Whether Doctor Miles knows what has happened to his son, and what he intends to do, remains to be seen.

New Name: Agent Robson

Assigned Weapons:

This heavy man portal squad support weapon does exactly what it says on the tin; its a good thing Jason was broad shouldered and strong originally, as even an augmented human would struggle to use it. Jason manages it easily.

This 10mm pistol is a more manageable weapon as a backup. He can also hit people, really god-damned hard.

Assigned Upgrades:
    Chest cage , Bionic arms - Replacement arms, Bionic legs.

Jason had undergone a significant overhaul with a variety of experimental systems developed (ironically enough) by his fathers team. These include myomer muscle lacing, bone density augmentation with a variety of titanium alloys, and skin reinforcement with sub dermal armour weave and chemical resistant coating. This system, christened the 'Atlas package', is still in effective prototyping, but using it on Jason was deemed an acceptable risk for the potential returns of accurate field data.

Page 1 of 45 123 ... LastLast